All personal kit to be packed in a rucksack or holdall. Please mark all kit clearly.
Should you need any advice regarding your kit please contact River and i will advise you.
Dont forget scout get a 10% discount at Mountain warehouse, Oswald Baily and Cotswold
- Hike Boots
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (the tents are not large enough for air beds)
- Blanket (optional)
- Waterproof trousers and jacket with hood
- Wash kit – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel, towel.
- Watch – (no alarms before 7am.)
- 3 Complete sets of clothes
- Footwear (trainers are adequate but may get wet and muddy)
- Thick socks or 2 pairs of thin socks.
- Underwear (one set per day)
- Warm trousers (NO JEANS)
- Thick jumper or fleece
- Torch with spare batteries. Pack the batteries separately so they can’t run flat while in your bag.
- Plate, bowl, cup (unbreakable) (optional)
- Knife, fork, spoon. (optional)
- Tea towel
- Bin Liner (for wet kit)
- Camp chair (we will have benches though, so chairs aren’t essential)
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent
- Small amount of money (£5 max) to spend during trips.
- Day backpack and drinks bottle.
- Personal First aid kit.
- Medication as needed. ( To be handed to leaders )
- Woollen hat
- Warm gloves
- Thick winter coat ( colder months)
- Penknife, if you can be trusted with one ( in a named tin)
- Swimming trunks, Towel.
- Sandals or other shoes that can get wet for canoeing
- Survival kit
Please Leave at Home Phones (unless you are a PL, APL in which case, please bring one if you have one and give it to me to keep in the car/minibus except when on hikes), electronic items, and anything easily breakable.
Also, please don’t bring huge hordes of sweets, chocolates or energy drinks. There will be lots of food and snacks available at the camp, and we don’t want to attract rats or insects into the tents, following the scent of sweet food. Also Scouts don’t sleep if they have too much sugar, and we have had cases of sickness in the past caused by bingeing on chocolate.
SCOUTS – please pack the bag yourself, so that you know where everything is!