Cubs do a wide range of activities, including the occasional camp. Activities range from arts and crafts to climbing and abseiling to kayaking and sailing – we like to give the cubs an experience of the adventure that scouting has to offer!
Our programme is carefully planned according to the “Balanced Programme” philosophy that scouting promotes in order to provide a wide range of activities and experiences.
We enjoy a varied programme of activities which help the children to grow in confidence and learn new skills. These include:
- Camping at local scout camp sites – including Bragger’s Wood in Bransgore
- Playing games
- Exploring the outdoors
- Trying adventurous activities – including climbing, kayaking and archery
- Meeting people from their local community
- Experiencing the culture of other countries
- Keeping themselves and others safe
- Learning to work as part of a team
Here’s what some of our cubs think…
“Cubs makes me learn cool stuff, there are challenges and new friends.”
“Being a Cub means lots of fun, great camps and doing amazing stuff!”
“I like playing games like dodgeball at Cubs, as well as getting badges, doing camps and going on days out.”